[Yaesu] unsolicited ads on Yaesu reflector

Pete Hoffswell pete@netcomgroup.com
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 08:13:02 -0500

If I'm not mistaken, the Yaesu list is currently changing managers.  I
would not be suprised to find that nobody is taking the time to moderate
the list.

I can't find the message regarding the changing of the guard... Did we get
a new list administrator?

At 11:33 AM 11/7/98 -0600, Robert W5AJ wrote:

>Yes,  at the bottom of every message is a list of email addresses.
>IF we will address the problem directly with:
>
>owner-yaesu@contesting.com
>
>We can get it changed.  73 Robert
>
>----------
>From: John Hirth <w2ki@amsat.org>
>To: Yaesu Reflector <yaesu@contesting.com>
>Subject: Re: [Yaesu] unsolicited ads on Yaesu reflector
>Date: Saturday, November 07, 1998 10:57 AM
>

>Yes, the unsolicited marketing pitches and porn site ads are annoying,
>just as "junk mail" in your postal mailbox is annoying.  Some Email
>reflector servers, however, head off this "spam" by not accepting posts
>to their list from anyone who is not a subscriber.  That, of course,
>doesn't protect us from junk sent by subscribers, but would be a good
>start.  Is there any way to have that implemented on this list server?
>
>>From my own perspective, I use my browser's "mail filter" capability
>to prevent me from seeing another post coming from an address that
>has sent me junk mail.  Any subsequent messages from them automatically
>and immediately go into the trash, without ever coming near my screen.
>After a while I'm sure my filters will get out of hand, but meanwhile,
>it works.
>
>73,
>John W2KI
>
>--