[Yaesu] Re: FT-1000 Shop Manual

John Lane lane@glerl.noaa.gov
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:04:19 +0100

I'm curious as to why it's thought that the FT-1000 has IMD problems?  I've
had one since '92 that's been used in many a score contests.  I've never
hooked it up for a bench test (the QST report was glowing) but I've always
thought it had superb signal dynamics. (Try operating CQWW with an IC-706 or
FT-847 to see the opposite end of the scale.)  Is this a problem with
individual units?      W8KX