[Yaesu] Anyone with FT-100 impressions?

Sean Warner K0XQ Sean Warner K0XQ" <k0xq@arrl.net
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:13:22 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Geos Major <hfshack@hotmail.com>
To: <w2ki@amsat.org>; <yaesu@contesting.com>
Sent: 22 July, 1999 13:38
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Anyone with FT-100 impressions?

> Consensus of ECars Ops running mobile:
>
> For mobile ops the ICOM 706MKIIG is the winner hands down. It has proven
> be much more reliable, stable, and the noise blanker really works. Also,
> little or no knob/menu fiddling is needed to use it while on the road.

Without breaking into a long winded dissertation.........

Well, having tried both, I thought both were reliable & stable. I thought
the Icom was a little more user friendly than the FT-100, but once I got the
hang of it, I found the FT-100 to be relatively simple to use, at least to
the extent that it didn't prove to be a distraction while on the road.

I do differ with the gentleman above in at least one respect-I think the
noise blanker on the FT-100 is vastly superior to the 706MKIIG. This also
holds true with the DSP, IMHO.

I ended up buying a FT-100, 3 months on the road, no problems, nothing but
good to say about it so far.

73 de K0XQ Sean