[Yaesu] FT-990 VFO drag adjustment

Kevin kpevin@mediaone.net
Tue, 4 May 1999 12:03:23 -0500

Hi all,

The VFO knob on my FT-990 was "clunking" when I turned it fast so I thought
of my old 757GX that the snap ring on the encoder shaft slipped inside.
Anyways I gave the knob a tug and it popped and now all is fine, but I would
like to take the knob off to take a look and maybe lube the shaft a bit and
remove the ring like on the old 757.  I looked through the manual to see if
there was an adjustment for the dial drag on this and cant seem to find it.
I would imagine there is a setscrew under the rubber ring holding the knob
on, correct? The 757 knob was just pushed on.  Also, can anyone recommend an
independant Yaesu shop in the midwest that does good work?

Thanks and 73,
Kevin Polchan
KB9UPV