[Yaesu] FT-1000D problem (SWR/PWR indication)

Gerd dj5bv@freenet.de
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:25:37 +0200

Hi,

I am looking for some experience/hint on the following
FT-1000D problem, which already occurred twice in my
radio:
- power indication low (at 50W) even though the output
   is ok (200W) as checked with an external power meter
- SWR indication high (abt 1:10) even though the real
    SWR into the dummy load is 1:1
- tuner not functioning  "HI-SWR"

first time this happened it also (might have) killed the
final transistors, anyway they were replaced,

second time "only" the diodes in the power and SWR sensing
circuitry and one relay in the LP-unit were replaced
(this makes sense with the symptoms)

now after some weeks of proper operation same failure (like
2.time) again. I hate to turn it in again only to have the symptoms
(the failed diodes) cured without knowing and eliminating the primary
cause of the problem ???

Anybody around who experienced the same (similar) problem and
who can tell me what caused it ???

hope to hear from someone

73s de Gerd, DJ5BV

dj5bv@freenet.de