[Yaesu] Yaesu FT1000D To Henry Amplifier Interface Device

pringle50@home.com pringle50@home.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:22:57 -0600

Have any of you made up an interface circuit that will allow one to
activate the keying relay in a Henry Amplifier with an FT1000D without
using the FT1000D internal ant relay?

When one uses the FT1000D ant relay to key the Henry Amplifier
transmit/receive/antenna relay, the pickup delays seem to be additive
causing a momentary high VSWR condition on the FT1000D which I believe
could lead to serious trouble in the FT1000D.

Would appreciate hearing from any of you that have had this experience
and how you solved it preferably with your suggested circuit.  I would
assume one could use one of the available voltages on transmit from
the DIN connector in the back of the FT1000D.  Have attempted to read
back through the archives to Jan 1998 and can find nothing posted on
this.   THANKS!

73,
J. Leon Pringle, Jr   W 5 N A
     pringle50@home.com