[Yaesu] Internal Battery Replacement

jaddisons@juno.com jaddisons@juno.com
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:06:03 -0600

I have both a FT-2400 and a FT-7400 VHF transceiver, each of which need
to have the internal lithium backup battery replaced.  I contacted Yaseu
asking for directions as to how to locate and replace the battery.  In
reply I was told that the battery is located "behind the front panel" and
has to be replaced by a "qualified technician".  I have a hard time
understanding why I can't replace the battery myself, assuming that the
two Allen head screws on either side of the front panel do in fact
release the panel from the main assembly.

Does anyone know of any hidden problems in removing the front panel?  Do
the individual knobs have to be taken off?  Is the battery visible once
the panel is loosened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe, W5ASP

Please reply to w5asp@aol.com