[Yaesu] How do I add WARC bands to old FT-901DM?

Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:21:22 +0200

Ed,

You can add any two of the three WARC bands with the INRAD kits using the
unused postions of the bandswitch. I also replaced the mixer-panel with a
low-noise DBM mixer (I think it was also from Inrad) and had a great radio
for many years.

I used the FT901-DM with the Microwave 144 MHz transverter. It requires a
simple mod to create a high impedance low power output. (I can dig up the
docs somewhere).

For mods you can see the great mod site at: http://www.mods.dk/index.htm

Yes, the keyer is iambic (no dot memory).

I think I answered everything. I liked its sound, good keyer and its sharp
preselector. It became a victim of one of the summer thunderstorms. :(

73 de Zoli HA1AG