[Yaesu] new member with a ft-101...

Jeff Crilly jlc@myrealbox.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:44:44 -0800

Hi.. new member here... Jeff in the SF-BayArea.  Hopefully this is on-topic.

Sooo, as a result of the local ham swap, I'm the new owner of decent
looking FT-101.  Has far as I can tell its somewhat of a late model unit
as it has 160m.

I didnt get the acc plug with it ( this is the plug that makes it xmit --
some of the pins on the acc connector need to be shorted.)

Also, the panel lights are out (16v bayonet bulbs).

Receive seems pretty good... though I just used a short wire for the
antenna.

I noted there are a few mods -- the schematic has some notes, but
I havent deciphered it all yet.  There is a new 1/8" jack on the rear
which is wired into a spot near the ALC setting.. I'm not sure what
this is for. (Unfortunately, a 1/4" microphone jack was added to the
front panel.. oh well, its not too noticable -- I didnt tell I got it home.)

Its possible that the capicator mod has been done for to use non-JA tubes.
There are some notes on that.

Anyhow.. I've been poking around on the web trying to learn more about
the radio.. and I've see a few sites, but not really alot of info or sources.

Anyhow, anyone have any ideas on where to get an ACC plug and panel lamps?
I'm also thinking of getting a new AC and DC plug (though I may rewire the
AC cord.)  Will I have any luck at the local radio shack for the lamps?

thanks

jeff - n6zfx