SV: [Yaesu] Re FT-1000MP Mark-V - WARNING!!

OZ0J - Joergen contest@roemming.dk
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:41:01 +0100

Thanks to G4ZFQ and ON4AOI regards the ground connection and serial
cable settings.

However, even with ground connections and correct serial cable I can
still feel a quivering between the radio and the PC no matter the radio
is turned on or not.

Therefore, I have decided NOT to connect the power supply to the
electricity in the wall before everything else have been set up and
connected. And I will recommend others to do it the same way.

Vy 73 de OZ0J, Jørgen

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: yaesu-admin@contesting.com [mailto:yaesu-admin@contesting.com] På
vegne af Alan
Sendt: 18. januar 2003 17:45
Til: Yaesu@contesting.com
Emne: [Yaesu] Re FT-1000MP Mark-V - WARNING!!

 This applies to interconnecting any two pieces of equipment when they
are
 separately connected to the electricity supply.

 If one is not properly connected to ground then it may ground itself
through
 the internal circuits of the other as the plug is inserted.

 Check all ground connections!

 73

 Alan G4ZFQ