[Yaesu] Does my callsign show up correctly?

Mike Gilmer, N2MG n2mg at eham.net
Thu Jan 23 07:13:07 EST 2003

I wouldn't say "it's not working" - the "oh with a slash" is exactly what he
is displaying. It's not a zero with a slash, never will be.  One other
problem (beyond it not displaying on some systems) with using it is that the
character is NOT a "real" zero, so, say, searching for your callsign in old
emails will be cumbersome.

I don't know why you'd think he'd try to send it on the air - he's only
trying to get it to "display" on the Internet or in emails.  For this the
ALT-0216 generally works fine.  I avoid using it (for all the reasons cited)
but then I'm in 2-land  ;-)

73 Mike N2MG

> It's not working. It shows up with one of those funny Danish "Oh with a
slash" characters. Don't send that character string as on-air id, unless you
want to be illegal, because your call sign has a zero in it. Slashed zero is
strictly a display issue, there is no legitimate method to force someone
else to display a slashed zero. If they want to see slashed zero, they'll
choose a font which has that particular glyph.

> Mike, W8UR
>
> At 10:15 PM 1/22/2003 -0600, KBØNLY wrote...
> >Ok here's the deal, some have told me that my slashed zero is not showing
up correctly in there email programs.  So I will put a slashed zero in my
call at the end of this email, someone please drop me a note to let me know
if it is working or not.