[Yaesu] FT-1000D questions

k3ky at erols.com k3ky at erols.com
Fri Jan 23 13:12:45 EST 2004

Hi, John-

I don't remember S3001 but I assume I might have that
in my 1000D as well. I think the unmarked side has to
be variable transmit power from about 5 to 200 watts,
with the 50w side being a fixed output power level?
Perhaps it is intended as a RTTY setting?

Please be very careful if you decide to utilize the
tx-on control line on the band data connector. It will
indeed control an amp, but the oputput is only a
fragile transistor good for about 100mA, as I recall.
I would strongly recommend you build up an
interface circuit to protect this tiny transistor.
Those who have blown the transistor report that it
is very difficult to get at the component to replace
it. I believe the transistor is part of a 2-transistor
device. Naturally, it is a tiny surface-mount
component. I recommned that this output never
be used in an attempt to directly switch an amp.
73, David K3KY