[Yaesu] FT-1000D Hum

Dave Maley dgmaley at inav.net
Tue Jul 27 21:07:26 EDT 2004

A good way to approximate the impedance of a set of headphones is to measure the DC resistance
and multiply the result by 1.5.
I suspect the hum you we are hearing is not from poor power supply filtering.  It's more likely because of
the giant power transformer that's right behind the headphone jack.  Yaesu had to include separate headphone
amplifiers because of the second receiver and they look like an afterthought.  I have always found the best
results when using headphones with around 70ohms impedance.
Dave
WA0ZZG
Message: 2