[Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching

dgmaley at inav.net dgmaley at inav.net
Tue Jun 1 14:26:51 EDT 2004

Good Afternoon.  I've been tracking a receiver problem
on my 1000D that showed up as multiple spurs on all bands.
It looks like the switching diode on the LPF board is very
leaky.  The receiver is switched out of line, during xmit,
by a relay and it looks OK.  This diode switches the xmtr
output to the antenna.  Yaesu service manual shows it to
be a type GM-3B diode.  NTE cross reference crossed it to
a standard power supply diode. Before I try a 1N4007 in
the circuit, has anyone had experience replacing this
diode with good results?  Thanks in advance.
Dave WA0ZZG
AR