[Yaesu] Re: 6LB6 in FT-101E / Low power output results

Frank Mayer domino at worldlynx.net
Fri Mar 5 08:40:43 EST 2004

Carol,
Thanks for the response and the wealth of information.  Like I said I can't get any more that about 25 watts out of the 6BL6's on ten meters after neutralization.   I still have the 100pf cap in that rig however.  My next parts order I'll get the 2-20pf caps and series them since Mouser carries them.  RF Parts has the 10pf ones but htey have a $25 minimum!  Once I make the change we'll see what happens then.  The 101 that I use on a regular basis I have made the cap change and it works well with Sylvania tubes.  I'm reluctant to try the 6BL6 tubes in that one cause it works so well and I don't want to mess with the adjustments.  Hi Hi.  By the way I have no intention of the doing the 6146 mod.  I have heard to many horror stories.
I'll keep you posted.
Frank