[Yaesu] FT1000D broadcast

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Sat Oct 9 13:19:30 EDT 2004

The noise blanker IMD problem will cause 3:rd order IMD,
this is not the case here.
This problem is poor 2:nd order IMD performance due to
bad PIN diodes in the bandpass filter switching.
Fix is to replace those PIN diodes with better ones.
Many people have used HP5082-3081 diode however it is
expensive.
I have used the diode BA479, very low cost and works
perfect. Ofcourse there are other PIN diodes on the
market that can be used.

73 good luck / Jim SM2EKM