[Yaesu] The FT-ONE, Some Problems

Michael Charteris empire1963 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 18:02:08 EDT 2004

Hi to all the group,
Mike VK4QS here, and I was wondering who among the group might be owners and
users of the Yaesu Flagahip of the 1980'd the FT-ONE?

I have owned mine for a few years now, having lusted after one for more than
20 years. But now as the years roll on a few annoying faults have crept into
the woodwork and are exhibiting themselves as follows,

1) The ALC board has a small fault that shows itself when upon tuning up,
the set beleives it is running into a high swr, with only the dummy load
connected, and therefore the ALC kicks in to drive down the power output to
about 1 to 3 watts. Upon taking out the ALC board and twidling the preset
pots the unit showed signs of life the then reverted to the fault. Upon
taking out the board again to resolder each component and puting it back
in,it would show the fault. Then the adjustment of the pots etc made no
difference, and the over active ALC persists.

I would be grateful of any response regarding this or simlar faults
experienced by the group members

2) The second some what annoying fault is the up/down Fast Slow buttons
They have decided not to work anymore for no apparent reason
Any clues would be welcome
It would also be good to hear from members who have had a fault in the past
with their FT-ONE for the sake of anticipating the inevitable

All the very best for now
Mike Charteris VK4QS
Queensland Australia