[Yaesu] FT-101EE No plate current

Paul Alexander drumpaul1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 16:38:53 EDT 2005

An elmer is attempting to repair my FT101EE.  The
plate current was going crazy and tubes glowing, so I
figured it was the bias board.  Thus far, that was
correct assumption, my buddy replaced a cap and
resoldered a wire and got proper bias going.
Unfortunately, now the finals draw 0 plate current.
He has reviewed the schematic and tried replacing
finals and driver.  No luck so far getting any
indication of drive or current on the plates.  Anyone
with this experience? It is as if something is
completely open somewhere.
WA4AVD Paul   Montgomery,AL

By the way, if this type of inquiry is not appropriate
for the board, please pardon.  I was desperate for
some suggestions and found this reflector.