[Yaesu] FT-1000D Roofing filter mod.

Dave Maley dgmaley at inav.net
Wed Oct 12 18:55:29 EDT 2005

Good evening all.
I've just finished installing the Inrad roofing filter mod for the FT-1000D.  Interesting little kit.
Recommend that if you attempt this kit that you have a very small iron available.  The space
is cramped, but it goes in.  First impression is that is does slightly limit SSB audio bandwidth,
but for me, it sounds great.  I did no alignment touchup, but for the purest, you can go through
the I.F. gain procedure.  The noise blanker appears to perform better, especially in crowded
conditions.  AM mode bandwidth is now limited by this filter, but to a value I believe, is more
useful.  AM bandwidth sounds like about 2KHz.  Anyone else can verify this?  The transmitter
should not be affected, by where it is installed.  Now to give it the 75M test!
Dave   WA0ZZG