[Yaesu] FT-1000D Roofing filter mod.

John Geiger (NE0P) ne0p at lcisp.com
Wed Oct 12 18:53:37 EDT 2005

I recently installed the roofing filter in my FT1000MP and also noticed that the noise blanker does seem to perform a little better.  I did adjust the IF settings in menu 9-1 and this receiver is really quiet now on CW with the cascaded 500hz filters in line.  I didn't notice it limiting SSB or AM very much, and a call to INRAD confirmed that it shouldn't have as much affect on AM or FM reception as they first though.  Worth the money in my opinion, now I just have to find a contest to try it out in.

73s John NE0P

From: "Dave Maley" <dgmaley at inav.net>
Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:55:29 -0500