[Yaesu] FT 9000 - goor or bad?

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 17 17:23:08 EDT 2005

Looked at both (dreamily) at Pacificon, imo, I'd buy the 9k if I were to spend that
kind of money.
  Fer instance: was able to adjust the ssb filter form wide (4k) to 2.1 k at the
turn of a knob.  And was able to the junk on the sides disapear as if by the magic
it was.
What kind of bad rap has the 9k been getting bedside s too much $$$$$ from those who
might not be able to afford one?  Again imo, if you want "state of the art," you've
got to (be able to) pay for it.
I cannot afford one, but it is my dream rig.
73,
Gary...wa6fgi