[Yaesu] FW: roofing filters

Cecil Acuff chacuff at cableone.net
Fri Jul 21 09:15:32 EDT 2006

It is my understanding that the Pro III implemented a fixed 15Khz roofing
filter like that used in the 7800 but the earlier Pro II (which I had) did
not.  All the reading I have done on the subject indicates the 15Khz to be
too wide to provide the full benefit so now we are seeing rigs with two and
three selectable and narrower roofing filter bandwidths.  I believe the new
FT-2000 is coming that way from the start.

The Sherwood Engineering page has good explanations of the whole roofing
filter issue as does the Inrad page.

Also a correction to my earlier post....about close spaced test results was
suppose to say Dynamic Range not IMD....My confusion on that one...

Cecil...