[Yaesu] FT 1000D Fan Noise

KF4NI at aol.com KF4NI at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 13:18:41 EDT 2006

Hi all,
First off, I loved my FT 1000D but...

When the fans would come on and off, they sounded like a 747  taking off and
landing so
I took my radio to a Yaesu Tech repair and he oiled the  fans. He said that
was all he could do if I didn't want to replace them. The  radio needed lots of
air to cool the transistors. When I got it back from  him it was no different
than before.

I called Yaesu and asked the tech there about the loud noise  and he laughed
at my question and said the same thing. "Did I not  know it was a 200 watt
radio and it needed lots of air to cool the  transistors?  well, I just accepted
that and wore a headset not to hear it  when it came on and off.
Apparently, they all have fan noise to cool the transistors  according to
Yaesu.
I got rid of the radio and that solved my fan noise  problem.
Just my 2 cents.

Yaesu lover forever!

Ruby Byrd  KF4NI