[Yaesu] FT 1000D Fan Noise

Cecil Acuff chacuff at cableone.net
Thu Jul 27 14:00:19 EDT 2006

I can't say mine is noisy...I know it is cycling on and off but it's not
something that is distracting...it's very quiet.  I had a brand new Icom 756
Pro II a while back with the Icom power supply and the power supply had a
fan in it that was every bit as noisy as the Fox Tango...but neither were
bothersome.  Maybe some are worse than others...I don't know.

I have owned two FT-1000D's and have not had a real problem with fan noise
on either.  I only hear it when the volume is turned down completely...any
audio at all masks it.

Cecil...