[Yaesu] ft920 sidetone hung

henry at summitschool.com henry at summitschool.com
Sat Jun 24 22:12:14 EDT 2006

Had a problem crop up at FD today- our trusty ft920 lost its sidetone in CW, and the actual sidetone audio was acting as if it was "hung up" in the keyed position. I could make it go away by turning the sidetone pot down on the front of the rig- almost as if there was a disconnect between the keying circuit and the sidetone audio-
Any one ever see this? CW function worked FB ecexpet you couldnt monitor what you wewre sending. Would a reset have some impact? and which one- the soft or hard reset?
73,
Henry, W2DZO