[Yaesu] FT1000D Last Production

Vince wa.tworsx at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 08:36:13 EDT 2006

I do not believe all that I read and only some of what others have
heard.  I do not know that the FT1kD is out of production, since I have
not asked Yaesu if the FT1kD is out of production.

Even if we hear "...Yaesu has little inventory of parts ...."  my level of concern for my FT1kD (and any
other radio rig that I want to repair or have repaired by someone else)
would be based upon addressing the issues of::        is the part's
availability sole source from radio's manufacturer (e.g., Yaesu), is the
part that is needed for repair an assembly  at the (Yaesu) production
line, or can a replacement part be obtained from the true manufacturer
or elsewhere ?

My FT1kD is, as expected, functioning well. Therefore, I feel Happy, I
don't Worry, and that presently there is no need for me to change my tune.

73, and I hope that you may also sing the same tune.
de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX
on IOTA NA-026