[Yaesu] FT990/COMPUTER PROBLEMS

Graham Shortreed gshortre at telus.net
Wed May 31 11:29:23 EDT 2006

I recently took delivery on a FT990 (early model with ver 1.2 software).  The rig works like a charm, but my computer and the rig will not talk to each other.  I had a previous 990 with ver. 1.3 software, and had no problems with it.
Now with this new rig, the radio & computer won't talk to each other.  I'm using the same software (WIN EQF, HAM RADIO DELUXE, and others), a W1GEE interface cable, and have even tried the FIF232C.
What happens is the audio goes silent, the rig won't transmit, but the S meter will show incoming signal strength.  Also, the frequency shown in the software screen can be anything.
Any ideas?
Thanks for reading this note.
73...de..Graham
VE7ABC