[Yaesu] FT-1000Mp Mrk V Key Factory Click Mod?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Dec 13 13:49:06 PST 2009

N7TR wrote:

 > What serial number did Yaesu begin installing the Key Click Mod?  I
understand the later models had it installed by the factory.

         I believe it was in the summer of 2003, but it could have
been 2004.  Since Yaesu never admitted there was a "key click
problem" in all the years of FT-1000/MP/Mk V manufacturing, I doubt
they would admit guilt and publicize when the Mark V mod was made.

         Shame on Yaesu for leaving it to the user's trouble and
expense to fix their design mistake!  There are many FT-1000's in use
today still clicking away.  I'll never be a Yaesu customer again
because of their stone-walling this issue for ~15 years following the
FT-1000D introduction until it was finally fixed in the Mark V.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV