[Yaesu] FL2100B

Jack Schrader w1jhs at myfairpoint.net
Sun Sep 13 18:09:42 PDT 2009

Just picked up a 2100B at our local hamfest. Opened the covers to rewire it for 230v and noticed that both of the caps on the 117v input were burnt off. I looked at the schematic and I see that only in the 100v input configuration are these caps used but the fellow who owned the amp used it on 117v.

If I wire it for 230v do I need to replace these caps? It is quit likely that the fellow who owned it , and bought it new from Henry Radio, never had it out of the cabinet.

Thoughts ?

Jack