[Yaesu] FT-1000D CAT interface problem

Randy Moody w5rlm at w5rlm.com
Sun Feb 7 02:04:29 PST 2010

I have an FT-1000D which I dearly love and that I have been interfacing to
my PC for several years via the CAT interface

The CAT interface quit working recently and I would really like to restore
that function.

1.   At first I thought the program I use, TRX-Manager, might have become
corrupted so I reloaded it on my PC

a.   The CAT interface still did not appear to work

2.   I next loaded Ham Radio Deluxe to see if that would work

a.   It still did not work.

3.   I next acquired a new CAT interface cable thinking that maybe the TTL
level interface went bad

a.   That did not fix it either.

4.   I next found some software called Com Stress by AGG Software, that
would exercise the com port itself

a.   The software seemed to indicate that the com port was working OK.

5.   I next acquire something called an RS232 Mini-Tester which is a 25 pin
plug with lights on it to indicate the status of the various signals on the
line TD, RTS, DSR, CD, RD, CTS, and DTR.

a.   That seemed to indicate the com port was working ok because the lights
changed as the software exercised the com port.

6.   Is there some way to test just the FT-1000D CAT interface itself to
determine if it is working or not?

7.   Has anyone else ever had trouble with the CAT interface itself on the
FT-1000D?

8.   If so, does anyone have any idea of how to fix the CAT interface?

Thanks

73

Randy -W5RLM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.

Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you,
too, can become great.   - Mark Twain

Randy Moody