[Yaesu] FT-1000D CAT interface problem
Noller, Gregory A CTR USAF ANG 299th NOSS/299th NOSC
gregory.noller.ctr at ang.af.mil
Mon Feb 8 14:02:33 PST 2010
My FT-1000MP Mk V will only "work" with HRD/CAT -meaning display the correct Frequency -when it is in VFO mode. That's all I can offer.
From: yaesu-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:yaesu-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Randy Moody
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 4:04 AM
To: yaesu at contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D CAT interface problem
I have an FT-1000D which I dearly love and that I have been interfacing to
my PC for several years via the CAT interface
The CAT interface quit working recently and I would really like to restore
1. At first I thought the program I use, TRX-Manager, might have become
corrupted so I reloaded it on my PC
a. The CAT interface still did not appear to work
2. I next loaded Ham Radio Deluxe to see if that would work
a. It still did not work.
3. I next acquired a new CAT interface cable thinking that maybe the TTL
level interface went bad
a. That did not fix it either.
4. I next found some software called Com Stress by AGG Software, that
would exercise the com port itself
a. The software seemed to indicate that the com port was working OK.
5. I next acquire something called an RS232 Mini-Tester which is a 25 pin
plug with lights on it to indicate the status of the various signals on the
line TD, RTS, DSR, CD, RD, CTS, and DTR.
a. That seemed to indicate the com port was working ok because the lights
changed as the software exercised the com port.
6. Is there some way to test just the FT-1000D CAT interface itself to
determine if it is working or not?
7. Has anyone else ever had trouble with the CAT interface itself on the
8. If so, does anyone have any idea of how to fix the CAT interface?
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you,
too, can become great. - Mark Twain
Yaesu mailing list
Yaesu at contesting.com
More information about the Yaesu