[Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem

Steve Daniel nn4t at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 16:09:33 PDT 2011

Good evening. I took a nearby lightning strike which damaged the motherboard to my computer. I thought all was well when I fixed that but I find that my 1000MP is no longer communicating with DXBase and my computer. I do not see the CAT light going on. I have checked the communication parameters and they seem to be in order. I also checked the manual to see if the CAT has a separate control to initiate it but I find nothing. All this leads me to believe the computer interface in the radio was damaged. If, however, someone out there has a thought or something else I might check before sending the radio off for evaluation and repair I would love to hear it. Thanks! Steve Daniel, NN4T