[Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem

K8RI k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Apr 16 16:22:17 PDT 2011

On 4/16/2011 7:09 PM, Steve Daniel wrote:
> Good evening. I took a nearby lightning strike which damaged the motherboard to my computer. I thought all was well when I fixed that but I find that my 1000MP is no longer communicating with DXBase and my computer. I do not see the CAT light going on. I have checked the communication parameters and they seem to be in order. I also checked the manual to see if the CAT has a separate control to initiate it but I find nothing. All this leads me to believe the computer interface in the radio was damaged. If, however, someone out there has a thought or something else I might check before sending the radio off for evaluation and repair I would love to hear it. Thanks! Steve Daniel, NN4T

I'm not familiar with the 1000MP, but If the CAT interface is any thing
like the 897D it serves a multi purpose by working *either* as a band
data select, OR as the CAT interface, but not both at the same time. If
it does work that way make sure it hasn't defaulted to the band data
select function.

73

Roger (K8RI)