[Yaesu] Quadra quit.

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Oct 12 11:38:56 EDT 2013

I have power, it just doesn't amplify.

I was setting it up according to the manual. It worked well on the low
power setting with a solid 500W out. PEP or CW.  I switched to high
power to adjust the ALC but at around 600 to 650 watts out it gave me a
warning if a final imbalance Err 10003 IIRC which indicates a bad
transistor, or combiner.

I've worked on lots of rigs, but have never seen the insides of a
VL-1000 (Quadra)

Any suggestions on where to start?  I don't want to send it in. I sent
an e-mail to Yaesu, but never received an answer.

73

Roger (K8RI)