[Yaesu] FT1000MP and PSK31

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Mar 18 23:22:39 EDT 2017

> the radio. I am not sure whether I need the MP to be in USB mode or
> using PKT mode as I have seen videos

If the audio from your interface connects to the PKT jack you must
be in PKT (LSB) mode.  If the audio from your interface connects
to the PATCH or mic jacks you must be in LSB or USB.

All Yaesu rigs switch audio inputs based on mode LSB/USB to the mic
jack PKT (or Data) to the PKT (or DATA) jack.  PKT mode also mutes
the microphone.

For AFSK/PSK31 see your transceiver's Instruction Manual - typically
the PKT transmit section.  Later rigs also have a single page that
references "AFSK based data modes".

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV