[Yaesu] APF

jcowens1 at comcast.net jcowens1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 19:44:15 EST 2018

You will find the APF control useful to reduce band noise. Tune into a band at an open freq and adjust you APF while watching your S-Meter. My APF is on all of the time and usually around a setting of 1 which is where it reduces the band noise considerably. If I need it to peak a CW signal, I then move it to the correct setting to peak the signal I am trying to listen to. Other than that, my APF is on all the time and usually at a setting around 1. Try it while watching you S Meter. You will find it reduces band noise while not significantly affecting signals in the bandpass.

John Owens - N7TK