[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:01:17 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 8

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Remote
Operating Time (hrs): .5 -

  160:
   80:
   40:   9      2
   20:  13     10
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  22     12  Total Score = 264

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

UGH!  Mega remote control problems tonight and 8 rig/system crashes right in the
middle of Q's.  Sincere apologies to all caught in my remote 'Twilight Zone'
while 'attempting' to operate again from my kitchen table tonight (bottom photo
- http://www.k6vva.com/2008cwnaqpaugust ).

And here I thought Pat/N9RV was having rig or keying problems when I didn't
hear his exchange during our 1st attempted QSO.  WOW... a real live cat fight
in process on his end as I just read.  That's gotta be an NS first!

For some reason my CW keying out of WriteLog at the remote site Confuzer would
go sometimes go whacko in the middle of sending my exchange.  I'd have to wait
until what sounded like 100wpm quit, then use ALT + K to bring up the Send CW
dialog window and pick up the pieces manually typing the info.  Things were
real ugly here tonight, and the non-productive downtime of restarting stuff was
frustrating...including the remote rig just plain locking up at times.
Obviously, I have some bugs to debug.

TNX to all who had to endure the extreme equipment related QLF from this end
tonight.  I can assure you it was NOT the operator (cough, cough).

Really great to hear fellow NCCC'er Garry, NI6T, in the NS Sandbox tonight.

73 & Tnx for the Q's in spite of things...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
Remote Site Contesting NOOB