[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:36:06 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - October 16

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   5      2
   80:  12      6
   40:  19     12
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  38     21  Total Score = 798

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Finally got the Locust Peak SO2R REMOTE station reconnected and working in the
new mini-barn shack.  What a hassle.  It took 45 minutes to get the remote
Confuzer working tonight about 10 minutes before 0230.  Wasn't sure I would
make it or not.

The first 2 inches of rain last year thrashed the road up the mountain.  We had
about 8 inches in 24 hours a few days ago, so I shudder to think what the
situation might be.  Will attempt a road recon mission next week after things
dry out a bit.  The big storm hammered the S.F. Bay Area.

I felt like a duck-out-of-water tonight after not doing TNC NS for a few weeks.
 Sure glad to be back in the proverbial saddle, however, and to hear and work so
many of you.  Apologies to the several RST 239 callers I just could not pull out
of the soup.

20m was in the tank - Tnx to fellow NCCC'ers N3ZZ & N6RO for my only 20m Q's
and single mult.

DanWAHHHHH was sending much slower tonight - Wazzzzzup with that?  :^)

73 & Tnx for all the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust