[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:47:44 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 16

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: North Country Trail
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  48
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  48  Mults = 48  Total Score = 2,304

Club: Michigan QRP Club

Comments:

Nice "run".  Set up along the North Country National Scenic Trail as
an activation for the National Parks on the Air, and just incidentally to be in
the CW Ops CW mini Test.

Conditions were fabulous.  After the first 6 minutes the first contact came in,
and continual calling caused more than one "pileup" of two or more
calling simultaneously.  All with 5 watts from a KX2 to an antenna "proven
to be a few dB better than a dummy load buried 6 feet underground."

Whoda ever thunk it that such a laughable station could make such a score?  As
I've said before,  "Ir never ceases to amaze me at what can be done with 5
watts to a marginal antenna when conditions are fair to middlin'."

The results was my best effort yet on a CWT - and proves to me that
"running" is a way to go if one has 5 watts or less, or more than a
full gallon and a monster antenna farm.

I'm not sure how long these olde bones will tolerate the slow decline in
ambient temperature @ 1300z in these parts.  It was a bit cool today, with
temperature of 4 °C but little wind.  I made a few fumble finger entries, for
which I apologize, and which probably caused consternation on the part of folks
calling me.

Hope to CU next week.  Long term forecast is for temperature to be above 0 °C,
so it should be workable to be "on the trail."