[AMPS] Dentron

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 97 08:24:35 -0800
>Carl - KM1H
>You know as well as I do....Denny Hadd never made a decent product in
>his life! It was junk!
>Thank god he is no longer around.
>
>Regards,
>Bob - K4NV
Eimac's W. B. Foote told me that Denny Haad sent the prototype MLA2500 in
for evaluation by Eimac engineers.  Foote said they were aghast at what
they saw inside.  For instance, Denny put the tubes about as far away
from the tank as was physically possible---a virtual open invitation to
VHF regeneration.  Denny put the cathode RF choke on a circuit board that
was a considerable distance from the cathode pins on the tube sockets.
The RF-hot wire from the end of the choke to the sockets was bundled in a
cable.  Eimac recommends tuned inputs, but Denny used none.  Foote said
that Eimac engineers wrote up an extensive report on how to fix the
design and sent it back with the prototype.  However, Denny incorporated
NONE of the changes that Eimac engineers recommended and went straight
into production.........  Hubris?

There was a saying by dissatisfied Dentron customers: "I was HAD  by
Denny Haad."

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K