[AMPS] Dentron

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:25:39 EDT
I never said the MLA-2500 was a work of art Rich. But in the 20 or so
years I have worked on them I have NEVER seen a blown bandswitch,
capacitor or other signs of parasitics. You can say what you want but
that amp is one stable "mutha".

The failures are usually in the PS, relay, fixed loading caps. Plus the
occasional bozo that drives with 150W and cant understand why his tubes
failed.  OH Yes, and  the CBer who tries to get 1500W out on AM.

I also recommend to anyone that they increase the airflow by reducing the
standby mode fan resistor value. I use 330 Ohms 10W in parallel with the
existing one whenever one comes thru here.

73....Carl   KM1H