[AMPS] Band Switch Heath SB-1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Band Switch Heath SB-1000
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 10:45:10 EDT
The last SB-1000 I worked on blew on 160M Phil. I belive that Tom
mentioned the "corona" washer that is used on the AL-80A switch was not
used by Heath....never did know what that was for....or if it really does
anything. But filed away in memory for future reference!  How about an
explanation Tom.
The last two AL-80A's blew when used on 17M; both owners were convinced
that the proper way to reduce power was with the Load control.  At least
Ameritron recognized the problem and added a warning in later manuals.

Where do you find Globars these days??

73....Carl  KM1H