[AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 08:48:31 EDT
On Sat, 06 Sep 1997 14:12:03 -0700 Harald Garberg Gule <hggule@online.no>
writes:
>The Communications Quarterly Winter 1995 issue have one article on
>using
> the 4CX 1600B.
> While on this subject, do anyone know if there is any problem related
> using 2 each 4cx 800A in class AB1.

The Alpha 91b and the  QRO HF2500DX both use a pair of 4CX800's Harald.
It might be to your advantage to obtain the instruction manuals.

Although not a perfect solution, it is possible to use individual bias
controls to set the recommended idle current for each tube. In any event
be certain that you use a well regulated and protected screen supply. The
tubes and your ham neighbors will thank you.

73.....Carl   KM1H