[AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 04:16:43 +0800
hi lane,

> That's a lot of money for a schematic and parts list.

well, yes, it's a lot for a schematic and parts list.  but remember,
they are in the business of bulding these things and trying to sell
them at a viable profit.  having spent *many* hours doing the
designing and testing of a few amplifiers over the years, i think i'd
be hesitant to part with the "recipe" which had taken me so long to
develop.  there's a distinct difference between ham-to-ham sharing
with no commercial interest, and what is supposed to be a
money-making operation.  another example:  if i write a clever computer
program and offer it for sale, then i don't also give the source code
away (or even sell it for $50.)

the bottom line here is, these folks are trying to make money.

i, for one, don't begrudge them their trying to protect their
"intellectual property."

just my opinior.  others graciously respected.

73,
k6gt