[AMPS] SB-220 continued

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 continued
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 21:22:34
At 06:51 PM 9/6/97 EDT, KM1H wrote:

>I have noticed, many times, unequal color and simply swapping position
>often helps.  I have no intention of trying to explain why....or even
>give a hoot.  To paraphrase the great Yogi Berra  " What woiks, woiks".
>
>Hey...1300W is not shabby.  Enjoy the Sprint....

Well, go figger -- after I swapped the tubes in their sockets I can no
longer see a significant difference.  The amp does key-down at high voltage
and 20 seconds duration with no sign of tube color imbalance or excessive
color.  BTW, output seems slightly higher on all bands with KM1H's
suppressors in.

Had a great time in the Sprint.  Personal best. Thrashed the amp.  No
hiccups.  Think I'll go worry about something else.

Thanks for your help, Carl.  And thanks to everyone else who commented,
including W8JI, K5PC, and W4IU.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com