[AMPS] SB-220 continued

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 continued
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 08:27:35 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Sun, 7 Sep 97 17:34:55 +0000

> >Except for some strange reason the very resistors that Rich
> >calculates to be perfectly fine commonly fail!
> >
> -  The 'Ra' resistors are intended to be anode fuses.  During a serious
> glitch, they open.  Does it seem strange that a fusing element
> occasionally opens?

The resistors in your suppressors and you glitch resistors also
change value gradually over time. Of course, when the resistor is a
REGULAR resistor in a conventional system any change in resistance is
due to "parasitics".... or so you claim.

I'm a little puzzled by what seems to be a contradiction.....

1.) We know these resistors are used in amplifiers that have all the
"hottest" (pardon the pun)  stability mods.

2.) You claim most (if not all) glitches in NON-modified amps are
supposedly due to parasitics (even when the PA is on standby).

3.) You claim gas related arcs can't come and go, the tube can't
getter itself so the gas remains even after the arc.

4.) You say the "fuse" resistors "occasionally" fail in the
nichrome modified amps from "giltches".

Number four must mean amplifiers with your mods still "oscillate",
since you always say numbers 1-3 are correct.

73, Tom W8JI