[AMPS] SB-220 continued

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 continued
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 11:30:09 +0000
> From:          Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>

<<  The useless sine wave calculations is a circuit carrying
harmonics deleted>>

> resistors is 1900V/1097 ohms = 1.73A-rms, or about 0.9A per resistor.
> Sure, RF amps cause more heating than DC amps.  However, the safety
> factor appears to be adequate except for RTTY broadcasting on 10m.  .

Except for some strange reason the very resistors that Rich
calculates to be perfectly fine commonly fail!

Rich is my secret partner, he charges people for mods that I charge
them to remove. We both make money and gain fame on the deal, only
the customer looses.

I tossed-out dozens of one ohm resistors that measured five to
twenty ohms after being operated for a few months in "nearly
perfect" PA's, even though that can "never happen" as confirmed by
Rich's flawless calculation methods.

73, Tom W8JI