[AMPS] L-4B grid ckt shorts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L-4B grid ckt shorts
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 97 12:24:20 -0800
>Rich Measures wrote:
>>How could an intermittent HV short to the chassis bend the 3-500Z
>>filament, producing a grid/filament short, Ian?
>
>I honestly don't know.  But... how could an oscillation produce enough
>grid current - GRID current, not cathode current - to burn out a
>resistor that is rated to carry 10A continuously?

P=I^2*R.  P=10a^2*1 ohms =100*1 =100W  Is this the rating of the resistor
in question, Ian?

In TL-922s the 1A-rated fil. to chassis-ground chokes are known to open
during an event which simlutaneously damages the VHF parasitic suppressor
resistors.  In my opinion, it would take about 15A to open one of these
chokes.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K