[AMPS] MFJ Tuners

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ Tuners
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 23:58:04 -0600
>What is up with this the MFJ products?I was under the
>impression that they made good equipment.   John KB9RPM

IMHO, MFJ makes decent equipment, not great equipment.  Some of the
things I have seen made by them are really cheap.  They fulfill a certain
market in the Ham market place, but I wouldn't buy my KW tuner from them.
 Some of their stuff is really great and you can't get it anywhere else.

Think of MFJ as the Chevy of ham equipment.  Then there are the Cadillacs
and Mercedes.  Both get the job done, but one is more expensive yet much
better.

I would also question buying a tuner made by Vectronics.  I think their
quality is a little better than MFJ, but MFJ owns them and it's the same
factory.  Vectronics is their higher quality product line though from
what I've seen.

Just my thoughts..... :-)

73,

Jon