[AMPS] Another arc question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another arc question
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 8 May 98 09:49:49 -0800
>Rich Measures wrote:
>>
>>When one calculates the admittance and parallel-equivalent resistance
>>(Rp) of the VHF suppressor's Ls/Rs parallel circuit, one finds that as Rs
>>and Ls Increase, the resultant Rp Decreases.   Thusly, Rp could be
>>decreased if the existing 100 ohm Rs were replaced by 250 ohms.  However,
>>if the 100 ohm resistor were paralleled by a 250 ohm resistor, as Mr.
>>Stewart suggests, the resultant 71 ohms of Rs  Increases Rp, which would
>>move the Rp curves farther apart.
>>
>Sorry, Rich, that's flat-out wrong. I wonder if you truly understand
>series-parallel transformations.

If my series-parallel transformation method is wrong, Mr. White, then:

1.   I managed to fool the entire technical review board at *QST*
Magazine.  {March, 1989 issue of *QST*}

2.  the Hewlett-Packard Model 4191A RF Impedance Analyzer that Wes used
is wrong.

3.   the Third Edition of Herbert W. Jackson's *Introduction to Electric
Circuits* is wrong.  {pp. 376-7, "sect. 13-8, "Impedance and Admittance"}

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K